it’s that time of year. stores are putting out christmas decorations altogether too early, i’ve heard a couple christmas carols on tv, and people are starting to ask around, “what do you want for christmas?” bro, it’s not even thanksgiving yet (although, it’s like two weeks away, which means december is almost here which means i go back to work way too soon…) don’t get me wrong, i think that christmas belongs in december, but since i’m trying out this new thing called “preparing for future events ahead of time”, i thought that i’d put together a couple fun gift guides, since i always am at a loss for what to ask for and, more importantly, what to get that dang husband of mine!
i’ll be starting today with a gift guide for the ladies, which, let’s be honest, is basically my own personal gift guide. i’ll also be doing a gift guide for the gentlemen, and a gift guide for the miscellaneous lovely people in your life. i thought for about two seconds about doing a gift guide for baby, but it would have consisted of a wet washcloth to suck on, and maybe a piece of wrapping paper to play with if they’re old enough. our little amelia will be getting a donation to her savings account from us this year, because she doesn’t know the difference, and we have no room in our house for more of her stuff.
feel free to add items from your wish lists in the comments below. i’m nosy like that and love to know what people are coveting!
1. new makeup is one of those gifts that just makes me happy. but also makeup is super personal, right? so the only logical answer is a sephora gift card. every time i see that black and white bag under the tree, my girly heart skips a beat.
2. i’m super partial to leggings and yoga pants of any kind these days. call it the cliche mom in me. my usual favorite is athleta (seriously, who can i talk to about getting a sponsorship yo?), but i just ordered these trina turk gems from yoga outlet, and i’m really digging them. the perfect stretch and coverage for if i ever want to leave the house. but really, what lady wouldn’t want a new pair of leggings for christmas? i’m sure i don’t know any.
3. in keeping with the comfort theme, long comfy shirts are one of those things that seem like such an afterthought when you throw them on, but the good ones are so hard to find! you know, the kind that cover your bum, or are the perfect blend of comfy and stylish? i am really into bright colors that can also kind of pass as neutrals, and in my book this neon yellow top from dv by dolce vita totally fits that bill.
4. maybe some ladies would think it was odd to receive a fitbit for a gift, but i would love it. just for the sheer perverse knowledge of how many steps i wasn’t taking…
5. i know that so many people do the new pajama tradition for christmas, and i love that so much. my family does it some years, but not every year. this year, i am jonesing for a set with matching top and bottom, the kind of pajamas that are sophisticated yet comfy, and keep me warm when getting up in the middle of the night with the little lady. these look pretty lovely.